KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
Uncompressed 8-, 10-, or 12-Bit SDI Output
Enables on-air broadcast, video production and post production professionals to composite and output live video and graphics to true, uncompressed 12-bit SDI in 2K, SD, or HD resolutions and allows direct connection to a broadcast monitor, switcher, tape deck, or SDI projector.
Ancillary Data Support
Support for ancillary data channel (for audio, time code, etc) through an NVIDIA API. Support for the introduction of ancillary data into the out going SDI video is provided through an NVIDIA API. This ancillary data can include up to 16 channels of embedded 24-bit digital audio as defined by SMPTE 272M and SMPTE 299M as well as timecode.
2D Video Pass Through Compositing
2D Video Compositing enables incoming video to be passed through and alpha composited, luma keyed, or chroma keyed with the Quadro rendered graphics image on the outgoing SDI video.
Genlock (House Synchronization)
One genlock (Standard BNC) connector (digital or analog) provides connectivity to a video sync source for SMPTE standard (digital, black burst, tri-level) synchronization. Expanded cross sync functionality permits an incoming house signal to synchronize a much larger number of video output signal formats.
The Quadro FX 5800 GPU includes a built-in flicker filter for the high quality rendering of computer graphics images in interlaced formats.
Rotated-Grid Full-Scene Antialiasing (RG FSAA)
The rotated grid FSAA sampling algorithm introduces far greater sophistication in the sampling pattern, significantly increasing color accuracy and visual quality for edges and lines, reducing “jaggies” while maintaining performance.
4GB GDDR3 GPU memory with ultra fast memory bandwidth
Industry's first 4GB frame buffer and massive memory bandwidth up to 102GB/sec delivers high throughput for interactive visualization of large models and high performance for real-time processing of large textures and frames and enables the highest quality and resolution full-scene antialiasing (FSAA).
NVIDIA CUDA™ parallel computing processor
A parallel computing processor architecture exposed through a C language environment and tool suite in combination with high performance visualization, CUDA unleashes new capabilities to solve highly complex challenges such as real-time ray tracing, video encoding, and interactive volume rendering.
Highest color fidelity
10-bit per component color fidelity enables billions rather than millions of color variations for rich, vivid image quality with the broadest dynamic range.
DisplayPort digital display connector
DisplayPort supports ultra high-resolution panels (up to 2560 x 1600) which results in amazing image quality and detailed photorealistic images.
Dual dual-link DVI-I display connectors
Two dual-link TDMS transmitters support ultra high-resolution panels (up to 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz on each panel) resulting in amazing image quality and detailed photorealistic images.
Quad buffered stereo
Offers enhanced visual experience for professional applications that demand stereo viewing capability.
NVIDIA SLI technology
A revolutionary platform innovation that enables professional users to dynamically scale graphics performance, enhances image quality, and expands display real estate.
- Physical dimensions: ATX form factor, 4.36 inches x 10.5 inches, dual slot
- Physical dimensions (SDI Card): ATX form factor, 3.875 inches x 6.60 inches
- Frame buffer memory: 4GB GDDR3
- Memory interface: 512-bit
- Memory bandwidth: 102GB/sec
- Maximum power consumption: 189W
- Maximum power consumption (SDI Card): 20W
- Graphics bus (FX 5800) : PCI Express Gen 2 x16
- Display connectors (FX 5800): DVI-I + DVI-I + DisplayPort + ST
- Dual-link DVI: Yes (2)
- DisplayPort: Yes (1)
- Connectors (SDI Option Card): BNC fill, BNC key, BNC input (sync)
- Auxiliary power connectors (FX 5800): Yes (2), one 8-pin and one 6-pin
- Auxiliary power connectors (SDI Card): Yes (1)
- Number of slots: 3 (FX 5800 dual slot width, SDI Option Card single slot)
- Thermal solution: Active fansink
- NVIDIA SLI™ technology: Yes
NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800 by PNY Architecture
- 128-bit color precision
- Unlimited fragment instruction
- Unlimited vertex instruction
- 3D volumetric texture support
- Hardware accelerated antialiased points and lines
- Hardware OpenGL overlay planes
- Hardware accelerated two-sided lighting
- Hardware accelerated clipping planes
- 3rd generation occlusion culling
- Window ID clipping functionality
- Hardware accelerated line stippling
- Full Shader Model 4.0 (OpenGL 2.1/DirectX 10 class)
- Long fragment programs (unlimited instructions)
- Long vertex programs (unlimited instructions)
- Looping and subroutines (up to 256 loops per vertex program)
- Dynamic flow control
- Conditional execution
High Level Shader Languages
- Optimized complier for Cg and Microsoft HLSL
- OpenGL 2.1 and DirectX 10 support
- Open source compiler
- High-Resolution Antialiasing
- Rotated Grid Full-Scene Antialiasing (RG FSAA)
- 32x FSAA dramatically reduces visual aliasing artifacts or “jaggies” at resolutions up to 1920 x 1200
- 64x FSAA SLI mode
Display Resolution Support
- Single DisplayPort support – ultra high-resolution panels (up to 2560 x 1600)
- Dual dual-link DVI-I outputs drive two digital displays at resolutions up to 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz
- Internal 400MHz DACs drive two analog displays up to 2048 x 1536 at 85Hz
- Advanced multi-display desktop and application management seamlessly integrated into Microsoft Windows
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 5800 by PNY graphics board
- NVIDIA Quadro SDI Option by PNY daughter board
- SDI crossover cable and ribbon connector cable
- Two DVI-I to VGA adapters
- Two auxiliary power connector cables
- Drivers for Windows XP and Vista (Linux available on web)
- Detailed Installation Guide
- QuickStart Installation Guide
- Quadro Application Utilities on CD-ROM (MAXtreme™, POWERdraft™)
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista™ (64-bit and 32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit and 32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2000 (32-bit)
- Linux® – full OpenGL implementation with NVIDIA and ARB extensions (64-bit and 32-bit)
- AMD64, Intel EM64T
- PCI Express 2.0 support
Minimum System Requirements
- PC compatible with Intel Pentium® 4/Xeon® or AMD Opteron® class processor or higher
- Open PCI Express x16 lane slot with open adjacent slot
- Microsoft Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Linux, or Solaris
- 1GB system memory
- 100MB of available disk space for full installation
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
- VGA, DVI-I or DisplayPort compatible display
SKUs and EAN
- Retail: VCQFX5800SDI-PCIE-PB
- EAN: 3536403336011